Barnabas Vision LIFE Program
…connects needy individuals, identified by our staff social worker, with resources in long-term life skills, emotional support, and spiritual guidance through:
- Life skills classes taught by Barnabas Vision staff in such areas as:
- setting and assessing life goals, finding housing, maintaining a household budget, managing payment of bills in a timely manner, exercise & nutrition for health, cooking on a budget, etc.
- Connecting clients with mental health resources.
- Assistance with keeping medical appointments.
- Encouragement through one-on-one life skills counseling.
- Listening, praying, and offering spiritual guidance for life’s challenging situations.
- Advocacy for clients as needed.
- Staff training (some of which is available to the community) for working with those at risk.